How to Serve Delicious Meals
As a passionate amateur cook I want to give you a few tips that will almost always make your food better.
Ingredients for a Great Meal
Many people think the most important things for cooking and baking are the ingredients and skills — this is not true at all!
- The first thing you need is time — or else it won’t be fun.
- If you have cooked fewer than 30 meals: use a recipe, please.
Preferably one with a high rating and good reviews.
- Lastly, it helps to be hungry or to have people over who are
(confidence in your end result required).
It is advantageous if you can make other people help you with the cooking.
“Too many cooks spoil the broth.”
You should always remember this saying — because it does not apply if the other cooks are better than you.
Preparation (Easier Than You Think)
- Stick to the recipe.
The mastery lies in containment, experimentation is for later.
However, if you really, really don’t like the taste of your result, you are allowed to do free-style. You may add as many ingredients as you like.
Pro tip: Things to add that will probably make your ruined dish somewhat edible:
- Salt, pepper, spices and sugar — of course
- Soy sauce, marinade, dressing
- A complementary drink that drowns the taste of your dish
- Anything you didn’t make